Please read the following Terms carefully before you use this website. By accessing and using the site, you are agreeing to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use the site.
We may change the Terms from time to time, without prior notice. The amended Terms are automatically effective as soon as we post them.
On this page, "you" or "your" mean the person using the site. "We", "us" or "our" mean The Independent Order of Foresters and its subsidiaries including Foresters Life Insurance Company ("Foresters").
A Special Notice about MyForesters
If you are a Foresters member, you may be eligible to register for MyForesters, an online member information service that allows you to view your member benefits package, to register for member events, and to receive other information or services related to your Foresters membership. You will need to meet the eligibility requirements on that site; for example, you must be at least 18 years of age.
To use the MyForesters site, you will need a username and password, and any additional security measures that Foresters may require. By obtaining a user name and password, you agree that:
- you are responsible for keeping your user name and password safe;
- if someone signs in to the MyForesters site using your username and password, we can treat that person as if they are you;
- we cannot, and are not required, to confirm the identity or authority of anyone who uses our online services, except by ensuring their password matches their user name;
- we can rely on this user name and password as electronic identification, to accept instructions given online as if you had given us written signed instructions.
Once you register for our online services, we may give you the opportunity to choose to receive your yearly Foresters Report to Members and, in the United States, your annual Privacy Notice electronically rather than by mail. Your consent(s) becomes effective as soon as you click on the button that allows you to make this choice.
By making this choice, you are agreeing that:
- we will place a copy of the Report to Members and the Privacy Notice (U.S only) on the Foresters website, at (http://www.foresters.com/). We will keep each Report and Privacy Notice on the website for at least one year, until we release the next year’s Report and Privacy Notice (U.S. only);
- we will send you a notice each year to the email address you have provided with your MyForesters account, to remind you that the Report and Privacy Notice (U.S only) are ready;
- we will no longer routinely send you Reports and Privacy Notices (U.S only) by traditional mail.
- however, we will provide you with a paper copy of the Report upon your request, even if you received it electronically;
- You will notify us of any changes in your email address by updating on the MyForesters Profile page the email address you provided with your MyForesters account.
Privacy and Security:
We are committed to, and have implemented multifactor authentication (“MFA”) in some jurisdictions to assist with, keeping personal information safe and secure. In addition to entering your log in credentials, you must use, where implemented, MFA for first time access, to the member portal portion of our website, after MFA is implemented. MFA consists of generating a random personal identification number (“PIN”) to be sent to you via your selected delivery method. Although we recommend requesting a PIN on each log in to the portal, we recognize that some users may prefer that they are not required to use MFA each time and therefore have provided you the option to not be prompted for a PIN for 90 days. Foresters reserves the right, but is not obligated, to require a PIN, in its discretion, even if you selected this option, such as for access to certain information or transaction types.
By accessing Foresters website, you understand and agree that
- you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your log in credentials including your password and each PIN that is generated and for the security of the devices that you use to access the website;
- you should not share your log in credentials with anyone including those who identify themselves as a representative of Foresters;
- you accept the risk that access to, and transmission of, information electronically or over the internet cannot be assured as 100% secure and information available, transmitted and/or discussed electronically or online can potentially be accessed and used by unauthorized persons;
- if someone signs into our member portal using your username, password or PIN we can treat that person as if they are you and we can act on their online direction as if those directions were provided by you and Foresters shall not be liable for providing such access or acting on each direction;
- we can rely on your username and password as electronic identification, to accept instructions given online as if you had given us written signed instructions; and
- you will notify us immediately if you believe there was unauthorized access to our website using your log in credentials by sending notification to email@example.com.
No Advice or Solicitation of Offers:
Everyone’s situation and needs are different. This site gives you general information about insurance, and about Foresters products. However, it does not give you legal, tax, financial or other professional advice. You should consult your professional adviser if you require any professional advice. The information on the site is also not intended to be an offer by us to enter into a contract with you. If you would like more information about our products, or how to purchase them, Contact Us. All products and services are subject to the terms and conditions of all applicable agreements.
Not all of the products or services described in the site are available in all geographical areas, and the terms and conditions of some products may vary by jurisdiction. You may not be eligible for all of the products we describe. We do not intend to advertise products or services to residents of jurisdictions in which those products or services are not available.
Ownership and Use of Content:
The content of this site is protected by copyright. You can copy information for your own personal non-commercial use, but may not otherwise republish or reproduce any part without the prior written permission of Foresters.
Foresters owns or is licensed to use the trademarks on this site. For example, The Independent Order of Foresters owns Foresters™, Foresters Financial™ and our logo, and its subsidiaries are licensed to use these. The trademarks are protected by Canadian, U.S., U.K. and European Union trademark laws. All rights reserved.
All hypertext-linked websites are completely independent of this site. We do not endorse any external hypertext-linked sites or their products or services. We simply provide these links as a convenience to our site visitors.
Your Responsibility for Security:
If you download any software from this site, please check to ensure that it is free from viruses, and check to be sure that it is compatible with your computer.
The use of the site is at your own risk. Foresters provides access to resources and other information on the site as a service to our members, producers and the public. We have taken all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in the site is current, complete and accurate. However, please bear in mind that information on the site has not been tailored for your particular requirements. Foresters cannot therefore warrant or represent that the site is current, complete and accurate and cannot accept any liability for any loss you may incur as a result of relying on that information. All information is subject to modification and update from time to time without notice. Certain jurisdictions may not permit certain disclaimers of warranties. In such case, we disclaim warranties to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law.
If any provision in these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
These conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada. You hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario sitting in the City of Toronto in any action or proceeding related to your use of this site.
These conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York and the applicable laws of the United States. You hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York sitting in the City of New York in any action or proceeding related to your use of this site.
Foresters Financial and Foresters are trade names and trademarks of The Independent Order of Foresters (a fraternal benefit society, 789 Don Mills Road, Toronto, Canada M3C 1T9) and its subsidiaries.