Dear Foresters members,
As the number of reported cases of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to rise, it is important that you know Foresters is continuously monitoring information published to date from the World Health Organization (WHO), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Goverment of Canada.
As such, Foresters has made the decision to cancel all upcoming activities through the Foresters Community Grants program taking place from March until the end of June. Grants with activity dates in July 2020 will be assessed based on continued monitoring of the COVID-19 situation.
The Foresters Grants team will be emailing all members registered to attend any upcoming Granting activities to inform them about the cancellation.
If you are currently scheduled to host a Granting activity, the Grants team will be in touch to work with you on the next steps. Please be patient as the team works to contact each applicant. However, if you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please email email@example.com.
This outbreak is a reminder that we each need to do our part to prevent the spread of the virus by taking precautionary measures based on the guidance of nation and local health authorities, including:
- Staying home if you are sick
- Practicing social distancing – keep distance between yourself and others
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Covering your cough or sneezing with a tissue, then discarding the tissue
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
Again, we want to stress the importance of staying calm, staying safe and using common sense in practicing good hygiene and social distancing to slow the spread of the virus.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation as we do our best to put the health and safety of our members and their families first.
418488 CAN/US (03/20)